The VP OF Finance (VPOF) is Responsible for managing the company's projections, pro-formas,
budgets, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), month end closing and payroll department. The VPOF is
also plays part in the Operations functions organizing/coordinating key initiatives across different
divisions. Finally, the VPOF will be involved in negotiations with vendors and partners which includes
working with our legal and accounting teams.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for driving growth through KPI data
- Create and maintain YOY pro-forma
- Create and maintain fiscal budget by department
- Responsible for Comp plan creation and execution
- Responsible for partnership profit sharing negotiation
- Play an active role in M&A opportunities including negotiating, due diligence, creating proforma’s, etc.
- Execute month end close
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Budget Ownership
- Close Monthly P&L, Reconcile variances to budget / forecast
- Prepare Monthly P&L variances with driver commentary
- Monthly Executive Dashboard Ownership
- Monthly Executive Operations Metrics Summary (KPI Ops)
- Own Vendor and Contract relationships
- Drive Partnership Revenue Share Documents
- Create and monitor Various Ad Hoc Analysis:
- LTV, CAC, Attrition by merchant, Attrition by revenue type
- Weekly and Monthly payroll ownership for executive sales team, sales managers, and sales rep bonuses
- Prepare and manage documentations / analysis for annual audit
- Responsible for all things compensation related from sales rep to executive incentive plans
- Margin Compensation Model ownership and analysis
- Manage the execution of pro-forma’s and budgets
- Creating proforma’s and budgets each year
- Managing daily/weekly/monthly data as it relates to budget and proforma.
- Managing weekly cash flow metrics
- Payscape runs 10 offices nationwide, and each office has a separate budget and tracking component within the master budget
- Work with teams as proforma and budget data relates to them
- Cut costs and save the company money via tighter controls and budget management
- Responsible for comp plan creation
- Payscape consistently rolls out new products, which means figuring out how to pay their reps and partners on the new products as well
- This takes constant margin auditing and tweaking, on multiple products
- Work with multiple partners and division heads to create, maintain, and execute comp structures including ongoing tracking
Operations teams Co-ordination:
- Payscape consistently rolls out new products, which means figuring out how to pay their reps and partners on the new products. And, working cross divisions to implement best practices
- As KPI outputs change, the VPOF will work cross divisions to effect new change and outcome
These are the leading questions with metrics that define success for the position. These are
envisioned to be asked on a consistent basis, creating the opportunity for self-alignment between the
employee and company goals.
- Are we calculating the right financial KPI’s?
- What are our projections for the month, quarter, year?
- How are we performing against those projections?
- How are our individual offices performing against their budget?
- Are we operating within budget every month? Is there a variance? If so, why?
- Was payroll processed accurately and timely?
- Were all invoices posted?
- Describe any occurrences of significantly expense or revenue occurrences.
Hiring Prerequisites – The skills, experience, and values to be assessed in the hiring process
for this position:
Skills (specific skills required to do the job):
- Maintain a commitment to integrity
- Ability to meet critical timeliness
- Detail-oriented while maintaining an understanding of big-picture objectives
- Technical ability to solve and understand accounting and financial issues
- Strong communication skills to convey understanding of financial issues with teammates and management team
- Ability to motivate and inspire coworkers
- Mastery of Excel and analysis skillset
- 5+ years experience in transactional accounting duties (payments preferred)
- Accounting and/or financial degree from 4 year institution
- Preferable to have worked in public accounting firm or bank
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational cost structure
- Experienced with complex accounting systems
- Very organized and structured
- Likes to be thorough and accurate
- Determined to reach goals and accomplish results
- Works well with others
- Straightforward, minimum abstraction
- Seeks to improve current procedures
- Directly report to: CEO, CFO
- Positions that report to this position:
- o Accounting Staff - AP
- o Accounting Staff – AR
- o Bookkeeping
- o Payroll Administration
$125K- $150K pending experience and qualifications